Since 1987 Dr. Dove’s team in Barrie has enjoyed building long-term relationships with our patients and our community.
Our community involvement includes support for the following charities and organizations:
- Starthrower Foundation is a registered Canadian charity founded by Sharon Gaskell, promoting social justice and education in Haiti. The fund that Dr. Dove contributes to will help pay the tuition for a Haitian student training for a career in dentistry. The hope is that she will return to Haiti and be able to provide some service to her community.
- Gildas Club Simcoe South Muskoa is a free program of social and emotional support for anyone who is feeling the impact of cancer. It is a place to find inspiration in a community atmosphere with others who are facing cancer.
- Hospice Simcoe where Hospice Palliative Care aims to improve quality of life for those living with a life-limiting illness. This comprehensive model of care includes pain and symptom management in conjunction with social, psychological, spiritual and practical support.
- World Vision is the nation’s leading agency dedicated to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children. We have over 50 years of experience, our passionate staff and volunteers are dedicated to providing real and lasting change to over 100 million people in World Vision supported communities. But, we can only do this because you are committed to helping children.
- Simcoe Community Services is a charitable, non-profit organization that is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The agency was established in 1953 by parents wishing to offer their children with intellectual disabilities an alternative to institutional placement. Presently, the agency operates a Preschool Services Division, a Community Living Division as well as Barrie Housing Support Services. Dr. Dove supports this organization by donation as well as by treating their clients in the office and hospital settings.